Three Real Bread bakeries honoured with three-star awards.
Real Breads crafted by Campaign ambassador Eddy Sleiman and two other supporters have been judged worthy of three stars in the Great Taste Awards 2023.
- Sourdough Seeded Crackers by Claire's Kitchen in Taunton
- White Sourdough Bread by Ed Baker in London
- Namine bread by Karaway in London
Of the 14,195 products that underwent the competition’s judging process this year, only 248 were awarded 3 stars.
The GTA website states that a 3-star award means a product is ‘Exquisite. Extraordinarily tasty food and drink. Don’t leave the shop without buying it!’
Real Bread Campaign co-ordinator Chris Young said: "Congratulations to all Campaign supporters who won awards, especially Eddy, Claire and Nadia's team."
He added: "As one of the 500 or so judges involved in blind-tasting entries, I know that stars aren't just given away for turning up and a lot of tastebuds have to be satisfied before a 3-star award is handed out. They even ring a little bell when one is and all judges in the room crowd round to try whatever it is."
The full list of one, two and three star award winners across all categories can be found at: www.greattasteawards.co.uk
A shout to our supporters
When reporting on awards, we tend to focus on current Campaign supporters as a small thing we can add to our thanks to them for backing our work.
We sometimes also give a nod to bakeries that, while not Campaign supporters, have confirmed they make at least some additive-free products by adding their details to the Real Bread Map.
Due to the time involved in cross-referencing lists of winners in larger awards against our own database, in some cases we have to limit our reporting to the winners of higher-level awards.
Missing from the party?
Everyone, whether baker or not, is encouraged to join the Real Bread Campaign in support of our charity’s work.
- Real Bread bakers make Britain’s best loaves
- Real Bread bakeries dominate UK’s best poll
- Slow Food UK names Peter Cook baker of the year
- MMM...Real Bread awards
- Real Bread Campaign ambassador named Baker of the Year
- Stars in their ryes
- Wild Hearth Bakery’s Highland hat trick
- Slow Food Awards honour Real Bread Campaigners
- Real Bread bakers scoop top awards
- Great Taste Real Bread winners
- Britain's Best Loaf is Real Bread
- Scottish Bread Championship winners announced
- Source of Success
- Bakers wear capes
- Best in dough
- Wholemeal sourdough named Britain’s Best Loaf
- Cereal champion
- World doughmination
- Real Bread rules! (again)
- Real Bread dominates the World Bread Awards
- A slice of the winnings
Published 18 Aug 2023
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.