England, Northern Ireland and Wales winners all Real Bread Campaign supporters.
The Real Bread Campaign ambassador’s eponymous Peter Cooks Bread secured enough votes in the Slow Food in the UK Awards 2022 to be named Best Baker in England and also across the whole of the UK.
Ursa Minor Bakehouse in Ballycastle, owned and run by Peter’s fellow Campaign ambassador Dara O'hArtghaile and his wife Ciara was voted Best Baker in Northern Ireland, while Campaign supporter Pettigrew Bakeries took the award in Wales.
The announcement coincides with the opening of the first shop by Peter Cooks Bread (which previously had focused on markets and wholesale) at The Hopmarket in Worcester. Peter was also named Baker of the Year by this year’s Baking Industry Awards.
Full lists of winners in all categories for England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the UK as a whole can be found on the Slow Food in the UK website.
- MMM...Real Bread awards
- Real Bread Campaign ambassador named Baker of the Year
- Stars in their ryes
- Wild Hearth Bakery’s Highland hat trick
- Slow Food Awards honour Real Bread Campaigners
- Real Bread bakers scoop top awards
- Great Taste Real Bread winners
- Britain's Best Loaf is Real Bread
- Scottish Bread Championship winners announced
- Source of Success
- Bakers wear capes
- Best in dough
- Wholemeal sourdough named Britain’s Best Loaf
- Cereal champion
- World doughmination
- Real Bread rules! (again)
- Real Bread dominates the World Bread Awards
- A slice of the winnings
Published 12 Dec 2022
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.