Triple win for Campaign supporter M’s Bakery.
Having won the Plain Authentic Sourdough category, a pain au levain crafted by Real Bread Campaign supporter M’s Bakery in Bournemouth has been crowned overall winner in the Tiptree World Bread Awards with Brook Food 2022.
The bakery, owned by Marta Nagy and Istvan Nadhazi, was also named People’s Choice, the only category decided by public nominations. It’s the second time that a loaf made by the bakery has been crowned overall winner, a feat they previously achieved in 2018 with their Real Bread Campaign category-winning French country sourdough.
Loaves made by Campaign supporter Graham Kinnear were placed first, second and third in the Home Baker – Open category, the first time that all three places in a category were taken by the same baker(y). Fellow Campaign supporter Sourdough Dave won the Authentic Sourdough with Added Ingredients category with a toasted sesame sourdough.
The Real Bread Campaign category, sponsored by Shipton Mill, was won by Hearth Bakery CIC, which has created a Real Bread Map listing. Other category winners on our map are Blake's Kitchen, Borislav Petrov and Stir Bakery.
Also on the podium
Campaign supporters whose loaves were named runners up:
- Wholegrain: Multigrain Bloomer by Holtwhites Bakery
- Ciabatta: Ciabatta by Nizi Bakery
- Gluten Free: Farmhouse Loaf by the bakery by knife & fork
- Great British White: Sherston by Hobbs House Bakery
- Flatbread: Feta & Red Onion Topped Focaccia by The Artisan Baker
- The Tiptree Showstopper: Challah Queen Signature Orange Blossom Challah by Karma Bread
- Speciality – Sweet: Cranberry, Orange and Pumpkin Spice Sourdough by Amelia's Bakehouse
- Speciality – Savoury: Challah by The Artisan Baker
Collectively, Campaign supporters gained more than 30 gold awards, plus many silver and bronze awards, for their loaves. The full list can be found on the World Bread Awards website.
The Real Bread Campaign has been a supporting partner of the awards since their inception in 2013, with many Campaign ambassadors and supporters amongst the judges. This year’s awards saw nearly 500 loaves entered, which were blind tasted by around 70 judges, split into smaller teams assigned to each category.
- Real Bread Campaign ambassador named Baker of the Year
- Stars in their ryes
- Wild Hearth Bakery’s Highland hat trick
- Slow Food Awards honour Real Bread Campaigners
- Real Bread bakers scoop top awards
- Great Taste Real Bread winners
- Britain's Best Loaf is Real Bread
- Scottish Bread Championship winners announced
- Source of Success
- Bakers wear capes
- Best in dough
- Wholemeal sourdough named Britain’s Best Loaf
- Cereal champion
- World doughmination
- Real Bread rules! (again)
- Real Bread dominates the World Bread Awards
- A slice of the winnings
Published 27 Oct 2022
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.