Real Bread bakers dominate the World Bread Awards for the eighth year running.
The winner of the sourdough with added ingredients category, and overall winner of this year’s Tiptree World Bread Awards with Brook Food, was the Hippy Loaf, baked by Bread By Bike.
Loaves crafted by Real Bread Campaign supporters won in ten out of the competition’s nineteen categories.
- Real Bread Campaign: Smashed Pumpkin Seed Bread baked by Cultured Bread* Bakery
- Great British White: Old School Split Tin baked by Cinnamon Square
- Flatbread: Cheese & Chilli Focaccia baked by Roger’s Bakery
- The Tiptree Showstopper: Muesli and Marmalade Sourdough baked by Salt Bakehouse
- Speciality (Sweet): Jewish New Year Apple, Honey and Pecan Tanzhong Challah baked by Karma Bread
- Wholegrain: Malt Crunch Sourdough baked by Blake’s Kitchen
- Plain Authentic Sourdough: Pastonacre Sourdough baked by Pastonacre
- Restaurant/Gastropub Bread: Potato, Fresh Thyme and Onion Seeds baked by Capital Bread
- Homebaker (Open): Focaccia baked by Graham Kinnear
- People's Choice: Patisserie Mark Bennett
Campaign supporters also baked runner up loaves in eight of the categories, while many more supporters and other bakers that have out themselves on the Real Bread Map took home a basketful of bronze, silver and gold awards.
This year’s awards saw hundreds of entries and winners were chosen in a blind tasting by around 100 judges.
This is the latest in a long string of results that further prove to the world that the best bread is Real Bread.
- Cereal champion
- Real Bread tastes great
- Tartan triumph
- Real Bread bakery crowned best in Britain
- Wholemeal sourdough named Britain’s Best Loaf
- World doughmination
Published 16 Oct 2019
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.