…and other Real Bread that garnered Great Taste Awards.
Congratulations to the Real Bread bakers whose treats tickled Great Taste Awards judges’ tastebuds to be awarded coveted stars.
Over 90 days this year, a team of more than 500 judges blind-tasted 14,205 products from 2300 producers in 110 countries.
Two-star awards were given to Real Bread made by three Campaign supporters, with Real Bread from eight Campaign supporters picking up one-star awards. A big Real Bread winner was Karaway Bakery, which collected a total of twelve stars for ten products.
In 2022, fewer than 9% of entries received a two-star award for being ‘above and beyond delicious’.
- Borodinsky Bread, Karaway Bakery, London
- Lithuanian Scalded Rye, Karaway Bakery, London
- Sourdough Crackers (Original), Peter's Yard, London
- Sourdough Crackers (Rosemary and Sea Salt), Peter's Yard, London
- N8 Sourdough, Sourdough Sophia, London
This year, judges deemed around 29% of entries delivered ‘fantastic flavour’ worthy of a one-star award.
- Morning Bun, The Bakehouse at 124, Tonbridge
- Bakehouse White, The Bakehouse at 124, Tonbridge
- Organic Sourdough Bread, Beacon View Bakehouse, Malvern
- Bertinet White Tin, The Bertinet Bakery, London
- Sourdough Bertinet Rustic Half Bloomer White, The Bertinet Bakery, London
- Bertinet Seeded Half Bloomer Sourdough, The Bertinet Bakery, London
- Organic Seeded Sourdough, Crackle Bread Bakery, Rochester
- Seeds & Grains Sourdough, Karaway Bakery, London
- Spiced Cranberry and Walnut Rye, Karaway Bakery, London
- Malted Rye with Seeds and Grains, Karaway Bakery, London
- Pumpernickel Bread, Karaway Bakery, London
- Village Rye, Karaway Bakery, London
- Super Rye (Wholegrain Rye Sourdough), Karaway Bakery, London
- Rye Thins with Seeds, Karaway Bakery, London
- Seeded Rye Crackers, Karaway Bakery, London
- Little Eye Sourdough, Sourdough wholewheat with Oatmeal, Little Eye Sourdough, West Kirby
- Little Eye Sourdough Fruit and Fennel Loaf, Little Eye Sourdough, West Kirby
- Sourdough Crackers (Poppy Seed), Peter's Yard, London
- 100% Wildfarmed Wholemeal Sourdough, Sourdough Sophia, London
A full list winners can be found on the Great Taste Awards website.
The best of the best will be celebrated at a ceremony on Monday 5 September, when Golden Forks will be presented to 16 of this year’s three-star winners, and the Supreme Champion will be announced.
Published 1 Aug 2022
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
12 Oct 2022
The summit will consider meat and dairy production and consumption in the context of the climate and nature emergency, where inspiring work and opportunities exist, and the assumptions and underlying values about meat which have shaped our policy to date.
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.