Campaign supporter crowned by Baking Industry Awards.
Tim Goodwin, owner of The Street Bakeshop in The Street Bakeshop in Old Basing, Hampshire, has been named Baker of the Year in the Baking Industry Awards 2023.
Reporting on the awards, British Baker noted: ‘The judges described him as a as a “100% worthy winner” of the award, noting that he has come on “leaps and bounds” since his previous win in 2021. His passion for quality and innovation shines through in every product.’
It is the second time in three years that Tim has been presented with this award, sponsored by Campaign supporter Brook Food, and the tenth time in eleven years that a Campaign supporter has taken the title.
Real Bread Campaign coordinator Chris Young said. “Congratulations again, Tim! It’s always great to see a Real Bread baker getting the recognition they deserve.”
Other Real Bread winners
Campaign supporters joining Tim on the BIA podium were:
- Bread Source’s Jordan Skeet: Rising Star Award
- M’s Bakery: New Bakery Product of the Year (Chocolate and Raspberry Cube Croissant)
- Two Magpies Bakery: Employer of the Year
- Wildfarmed: Sustainability Initiative of the Year
Chris Young said: “Well done to them all, as well as the other Real Bread bakers amongst the finalists. I don’t really need to trot out my well-exercised line that the best bakers don’t use additives, as these results once again clearly demonstrate that fact.”
A full list of winners can be found on the BIA website.
Campaign supporters* previously awarded Baker of the Year in the BIAs:
2022: Peter Doughty-Cook, Peter Cooks Bread
2021: Tim Goodwin, The Street Bakeshop
2020: Steven Winter, Bread Source
2019: Aidan Monks, Lovingly Artisan
2017: David Wright, The Cake Shop Bakery
2016: Dominic Salter, The Sandwich Box
2015: Alex Gooch, Alex Gooch Artisan Baker
2014: Mark Bennett, Patisserie Mark Bennett
2013: Julian Carter, Hambleton Bakery
*At the time of the award, each was a Campaign supporter and/or worked for a bakery that was a Campaign supporter.
- Real Bread scores Great Taste Awards hattrick
- Real Bread bakers make Britain’s best loaves
- Real Bread bakeries dominate UK’s best poll
- Slow Food UK names Peter Cook baker of the year
- MMM...Real Bread awards
- Real Bread Campaign ambassador named Baker of the Year
- Stars in their ryes
- Wild Hearth Bakery’s Highland hat trick
- Slow Food Awards honour Real Bread Campaigners
- Real Bread bakers scoop top awards
- Great Taste Real Bread winners
- Britain's Best Loaf is Real Bread
- Scottish Bread Championship winners announced
- Source of Success
- Bakers wear capes
- Best in dough
- Wholemeal sourdough named Britain’s Best Loaf
- Cereal champion
- World doughmination
- Real Bread rules! (again)
- Real Bread dominates the World Bread Awards
- A slice of the winnings
Published 8 Nov 2023
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.