Sustain's Fundraising Promise
This Fundraising Promise outlines the commitment made to donors and the public by organisations registered with the Fundraising Regulator, based on their template and recommendations for good practice. Sustain is registered with the Fundraising Regulator in this way. Sustain also has an Ethical Funding Policy.
Those who register with the regulator agree to ensure their fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful. The standards for fundraising are set out in the Code of Fundraising Practice.
Sustain commits to high standards
- We will adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We will display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
Sustain will be clear, honest and open
- We will tell the truth and we will not exaggerate.
- We will do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We will be able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
- We will ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We will provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
Sustain will be respectful
- We will respect people's rights and privacy.
- We will not put undue pressure on people to make a gift. If anone does not want to give, or wishes to cease giving, we will respect that person's decision.
- We will have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it will be available on request.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact people to fundraise.
- If any person tells us that they don’t want to be contacted in a particular way, we will not do so. We will work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
Sustain will be fair and reasonable
- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
Sustain will be accountable and responsible
- We will manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If anyone is unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, they can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is be available on our website.
- Our complaints procedure includes the possibility of complainants contacting the Fundraising Regulator in the event that they feel Sustain's response is unsatisfactory.
- We will monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.