We knead YOUR help to bake a better future, one loaf at a time.
The Real Bread Campaign’s annual, international celebration of additive-free loaves* and people who make them returns from 22 February – 1 March 2020 for its 11th year.
A particular focus will be on the enterprises and projects that are helping to change people’s lives for the better.
We knead YOUR dough
This Real Bread Week we want YOU to help the charity Sustain in one (or more) of these ways:
- Join the Campaign, if you still haven't yet
- Make a doughnation of £10 - £100 (or whatever you feel)
- Buy our t-shirt, mug, apron (on sale nearer the time), recipe book or a combination of these
- Collect doughnations from customers, if applicable
What we will do
Every penny raised will help us to build on a decade of connecting, supporting and celebrating the people behind the rise of Real Bread. Specifically, we will:
- Produce a Together We Rise guide to running a therapeutic / social/community enterprise, organisation and project
- Promote therapeutic and social/community enterprises, organisations and projects
- Organise at least one event that brings people together to build relationships with, and learn from, each other
We’ll also continue challenging obstacles to the rise of Real Bread.
Buy and bake
As ever, Real Bread Week’s main aims are encouraging people to:
- Buy Real Bread from local, independent bakeries: Look for The Loaf Mark!
- Bake their own Real Bread and teach other people to bake
If you can, we’d love you to run a Real Bread class, event or other activity (whatever works for you and your business / organisation!) and add the details to the Real Bread calendar.
Published 22 Jan 2020
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.