Save the date for the Sustain Brexit Forum, October 15th
Sustain Brexit Forum - Delivering the Goods: What do we need to know and do?
The Sustain alliance will be hosting a full day event at the Bargehouse, Southbank, on Monday 15th October - more details to follow. The morning will be a policy and strategy session. The afternoon will be an opportunity for debate on the post-Brexit food, fishing and farming.
News: Brexit 'no deal' technical papers published today
25 Brexit 'no deal' technical papers are being published today by the Government (55 more to follow in the next few weeks). Read this blog from Sustain chief executive Kath Dalmeny: A ‘no deal’ Brexit will indeed mean shortages – mainly of food and farming jobs, workers, transport and common sense
Read this statement from Sustain's sustainable farming coordinator Vicki Hird: Sustain response.
Among the first technical papers published are several dealing with farming-related issues:
- Trading with the EU if there's no Brexit deal
- Producing and processing organic food if there's no Brexit deal
- Developing Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) if there's no Brexit deal
- Receiving rural development funding if there's no Brexit deal
- Farm payments if there's no Brexit deal
Read our round-up of responses to a 'no deal' Brexit from food, farming and fishing organisations.