Helping you to weather the current storm.
What support do you need? What knowledge can you share with your fellow Real Bread business owners?
We’ve always found people in our network to be a mutually-supportive bunch. You don’t necessarily always have the time and means to share your knowledge more widely, though, which is where the Real Bread Campaign comes in…
We maintain the bakery support section of our website for you. As with everything we do, we can only do so with your help.
What we're gathering and sharing
Like we’ve done many times before over the past baker’s dozen years, we’re harvesting your know how, top tips and whatnot to help you and your companions behind the rise of Real Bread.
If you run a small or microbakery business, please let us know if you’ve found…
- ways of reducing your business costs without compromising your standards (product quality, staff pay and conditions, values/ethos)
- grants, low-interest loans
- help from your local authority
- things that help you to find, recruit and retain great staff members – particularly bakers
- changes that have helped you to keep customers coming back for more, even though their budgets are getting tighter, too
- practical support or sources of useful advice / information
- anything else that has helped you in the face of mounting costs, falling sales, staff shortages and other current challenges
If so, please drop us a line so we can add your knowledge to our bakery support pages: firstname.lastname@example.org
We're particularly keen to hear from high street bakery owners.
What do you want/need?
Are there things, other than the above (and what we’re still chasing the government about), that you need? We’ll see what we can do to track it / them down.
Your support network
You are not alone.
The Real Bread Campaign's network includes tens of thousands of supporters and other friends. You can find contact details of around 1000 of them who run micro and small Real Bread businesses (bakeries, baking schools, independent mills etc.) on the Real Bread Map.
...and you can find people who identify as being part of the wider #RealBread movement across social media platforms.
Your local network
Do you want us to help you bring together people in your area/region who are behind the rise of Real Bread to support each other? Click to find out more.
Might you be able to organise and/or host peer-to-peer get-togethers, or public-facing events to promote what you all do?
- Your (micro)bakery handbook
- Setting up your online shop
- Supporting local food online
- Guide to surplus (and therefore cost) reduction
- Real Bread rejected: what now?
- Is yours a community oven?
Published 30 Nov 2022
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.