Please note, this page was last updated in June 2020
Many small food businesses have moved their trade online during the lockdown. Sustain has curated a (non-exhaustive) list of websites which host several independent food businesses selling their produce and products.
If you are a food organisation looking to sell your products online, we have collated some useful resources here
Good Food Businesses: rebuilding, reopening and retaining new customers - listen again to our webinar.
Here is a list of national directories, many of which have a map to help with area-based searches:
- Baker Direct - find a bakery who delivers to your door across England, Scotland and Wales
- Better Food Traders - a map of food retailers who are both good for people and the planet
- Big Barn - Buy produce direct from their website, or their map lists local businesses and market stalls you can buy directly from
- Cheese Tasting - buy from cheesemongers across the UK and Ireland who usually sell to retail
- DeliverAll - a list of businesses across the UK who are delivering
- Farming UK - a great directory of local farm shops
- Farm Drop - an online shop that allows customers to buy food direct from producers via a community buying group.
- Farms to Feed Us - a database of small-scale food producers across the UK who supply fresh produce that has been grown in a resilient farming system.
- Food Chain - An app which used to match specialist suppliers to restaurants which has now opened up to delivery to households
- Food Made Good - Sustainable Restaurant Association map of restaurant deliveries
- Foodens - Buy food boxes with lowest milage from your house
- Fresh Range - delivery of sustainably produced and responsibly sourced products across England and Wales
- Harvest Bundle - an online farmers market selling fruit&veg, meat, fish, dairy and Deli products
- My Local Produce - a newly set up web shop for independent food businesses to sell through their platform to their local residents
- Neighbourfood A list of markets selling organic produce around the UK now with staggered collections and a delivery service
- On Your Doorstep - a directory of local retailers, not limited to food
- Open Food Network - find a local producer/retailer selling locally in your region
- Real Bread Map - a list of bakeries across the UK
- Shopappy UK - map of small organisations across the UK where you can buy directly from the website
- Soil Association - a map of local independent retailers, farm gates and farm shops
- Sustain List - we have started to populate a list of organisations now providing delivery services, to add organisations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Great British Food Hub - click and collect model of lots of local food hubs, bringing together producers and retailers
Here are regional lists of delivery services and local food organisations. Please get in touch if your area has their own webpage so we can keep this list updated.
|Aberdeen||Community Food Initiative Food Directory|
|Aberystwyth||Aberystwyth Food Hub|
|Bath & North East Somerset||Sustainable Food Partnership|
Brighton (& Sussex)
|Cambridge||Cambridge Local Shops|
|Cotswalds||Cotswald Taste and pdf list|
|Edinburgh||Slow Food Edinburgh|
|Herefordshire||WISH Herefordshire (regional and local)|
|Kent||Kent Farmers Market|
Food businesses delivering:
|Peak District||Sauced Here|
|Scotland||Scotland Food and Drink|
In the name of your Real Bread Campaign
Soil health in crisis - parliamentary committee urges government action
Veg sales have fallen to its lowest level in 50 years
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.