5 ways to enjoy National Vegetarian Week in London
National Vegetarian Week is back between 14-20 May 2018 and we are sure it’s going to be bigger than ever in the capital, as we see more and more people heading towards plant-based diets. (see our article on the V-word).
Run by national charity, the Vegetarian Society, the week promotes the benefits of going meat-free and encourages people to go vegetarian for the week and beyond.
To help you on your quest to ingest more plant-based food, they have special recipes, events and an array of special menus to help you find your inner veggie.
Here are The 'Eel's 5 ways London foodies can make the most out of this national celebration:
- Try out the new #Vegwell menu at Tredwells
- Give yourself the perfect excuse to try the new summer brunch or meat-free burger at veggie stalwarts Mildreds
- Sign up to an organic veg bag from one of London’s Better Food Traders.
- Try a veggie recipe box from social enterprise and Urban Food Hero Make-Kit.
- Treat yourself to a vegetarian or plant-based cooking course with London Food Link supporters Made in Hackney, Shambu's or Cookery School at Little Portland Street – the latter offers London Food Link supporters 15% off their classes.
New classes and 15% discount at Cookery School at Little Portland Street
London Mayor proposes ban on junk food ads on Tube and buses
New app launched to combat food waste in east London
Enjoy a green fingered spring