5 ways to enjoy National Vegetarian Week in London
National Vegetarian Week is back between 14-20 May 2018 and we are sure it’s going to be bigger than ever in the capital, as we see more and more people heading towards plant-based diets. (see our article on the V-word).
Run by national charity, the Vegetarian Society, the week promotes the benefits of going meat-free and encourages people to go vegetarian for the week and beyond.
To help you on your quest to ingest more plant-based food, they have special recipes, events and an array of special menus to help you find your inner veggie.
Here are The 'Eel's 5 ways London foodies can make the most out of this national celebration:
- Try out the new #Vegwell menu at Tredwells
- Give yourself the perfect excuse to try the new summer brunch or meat-free burger at veggie stalwarts Mildreds
- Sign up to an organic veg bag from one of London’s Better Food Traders.
- Try a veggie recipe box from social enterprise and Urban Food Hero Make-Kit.
- Treat yourself to a vegetarian or plant-based cooking course with London Food Link supporters Made in Hackney, Shambu's or Cookery School at Little Portland Street – the latter offers London Food Link supporters 15% off their classes.
London’s larder is open as Urban Food Fortnight begins
Book now for UFFmazing offers
Don’t dine on no swine?
A bevvy of brilliant beanos for beer lovers
10 super UFF supper clubs