This year's Urban Harvest (11-18 September) is jam packed with open days, harvest activities, seed swaps, workshops and more! Read on to find out how you can celebrate edible gardens near you, plus your chance to win a book bundle from Chelsea Green Publishing.
11 Sept - Urban Harvest at Kensington Gardens Allotment, W2
13 Sept - Urban Harvest at Canal Club Community Garden, E2
14 Sept - Gardening Open Day at Ital Community Garden, SE6
15 Sept - Wonders of seeds talk by Hackney Herbal, E9
16 Sept - Urban Harvest at Calthorpe Community Garden, Wc1x
17 Sept - Harvest Celebration Permablitz at Kentish Town City Farm, NW5
18 Sept - Community Meal at Garden of Earthly Delights, E8
Win a book bundle from Chelsea Green
During Urban Harvest, we're giving away a fantastic book bundle from our friends at Chelsea Green Publishing, for the best 'in celebration' photograph taken in attendance at one of this years registered activities.
All you need to do is share your photograph during Urban Harvest (11-18 September - deadline extended! Please share your pic by 23 Sept) using the hashtag #MyUrbanHarvest2022 and follow the Jellied Eel mag (on twitter or Insta) and Chelsea Green will pick the lucky winner!
If you're part of a community garden in London, there's still time to to take part! Register here.
Check out this fab feature spotlighting community gardens in London benefitting from their people power.
- 1 x prize available - the winner will be picked by Chelsea Green Publishing.
- Not transferable or refundable.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are detailed above and only one entry will be accepted per person.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions.
- The winner will be notified within 14 days of the competion closing. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 working days, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- We will share your contact details with our partner so you can claim the prize if you win.
Published 7 Sep 2022
Jellied Eel: With more than 50,000 readers, The Jellied Eel is the magazine for ethical eating in the capital. Published by Sustain's London Food Link to celebrate the best of London's local larder, each issue showcases the people and projects helping to put good food on the table. Annual subscription starts from less than £2 a month.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.