Loaf lovers sharing their Real Bread passion worldwide.
On Sunday 27 February 2022, amateur to artisan flour arrangers around the globe will unite in sharing Real Bread skills, knowledge, traditions and stories.
From making a family recipe flatbread with a relative at home; holding a bread club with handful of neighbours; running a bakealong in a nursery, school or care home; to running an affordable and culturally-appropriate everyday bread class for beginners, Real Bread Buddies Day is about baking connections with people within and beyond your family and wider community.
Real Bread Campaign coordinator Chris Young said: “Every day should be a Real Bread day for everyone. That’s why we’ve created this cross-cultural and generally boundary busting event to emphasise the fact that anyone and everyone can make and enjoy Real Bread.”
Post photos of yourself making Real Bread with others, and with the bread you have made together: #RealBreadBuddiesDay
We also want the world to see your happy faces, so tag your Real Bread baker (ie not just bread on its own) photos #WeAreRealBread
Real Bread Week reaches its baker’s dozen birthday
The three main messages of the week are:
- BAKE: make Real Bread.
- BUY: shop at a local, independent, Real Bread bakery: Look for The Loaf Mark!
- BOOST: Support the Real Bread Campaign
Show the world know what you're up to: #RealBreadWeek
What is Real Bread?
Additive-free. That's it. Simple, eh?
Visit the Campaign’s website to discover
- Free recipes
- Places to buy Real Bread and where to learn to make their own
- A calendar of classes, events and other activities
- Gifts for bread lovers
- Discounts on ingredients and more
- How to join or make a doughnation
Find out all about
- Knead to Know…more our unique microbakery handbook about starting and growing a baking microbusiness
- Slow Dough: Real Bread book of recipes by bakers in the Campaign’s network.
- Honest Crust Act lobbying in the UK for full ingredient labelling of all loaves etc, and legal definitions of bakery marketing terms, to help protect shoppers from being misled and create a more level playing field for the bakers who are keeping things real.
Published 19 Feb 2022
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.