London Food Link is excited to bring you seven inspiring talks from people who are doing good through good food at the Food for Good Celebration on Wednesday 13 September.
The event at Today Bread - an organic sourdough Real Bread bakery and café in Walthamstow - is set to be a highlight of Urban Food Fortnight 2017, the annual festival of food grown, made, cooked, saved or foraged in the capital.
Guests on the night (6-9pm) will hear from speakers from:
- Change Please, a joint project between Old Spike Roastery and The Big Issue, giving barista training to people who’ve experienced homelessness.
- Nemi (previously Chaigaram), a socially-responsible business that helps refugees integrate into local communities – by serving the best Indian tea in London!
- OrganicLea, a community food enterprise based in the Lea Valley growing, training, and working towards a more just and sustainable society.
- Luminary Bakery, a non-profit bakery in east London working for the empowerment of women.
- Rubies in the Rubble, who save surplus fruit and veg with their award-winning condiments.
- Headway East London, a charity supporting people affected by brain injury, including through their lunch and supper clubs.
You’ll also hear from Today Bread founder and baker Alexandre Bettler.
As well as hearing these handpicked stories, there’ll be demos, a chance to share good food and drink and to make new foodie friends.
Tickets are available now and include entry, a welcome drink and a light seasonal supper.
The Food for Good Celebration celebrates the launch of LFL’s new Urban Food Heroes award. Working with UnLtd, the Foundation for Social Entrepreneurs, LFL is on a mission to find London enterprises, projects, organisations and individuals who are making a difference through food. They will be included in The First 50 to be showcased on the new Urban Food Map, launching in early in 2018.
Check out other events on the Urban Food Fortnight map.
Be the first to hear about how to nominate Urban Food Heroes by joining LFL or signing up for our free enewsletter.
Published 29 Aug 2017
Urban Food Fortnight: Urban Food Fortnight, the annual celebration of London's local larder, September 2019