Working with the food partnerships and food poverty alliances in our Sustainable Food Places (SFP) and Food Power networks, we will help local authorities, Local Resilience Forums and emergency funders to identify what support they need and can offer – coordination, money, cost reductions and guidance on issues relating to enterprise support, continuity of supply and access to facilities such as community centres, markets, storage facilities and kitchens.
A compilation of the latest information, advice and guidance related to food supply and food for vulnerable people, as well as funding opportunities and examples of local action during the initial months of the outbreak. Digests have now ended so we suggest signing up to the newsletters below in order to stay in the loop on these issues.
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 17 (17 June 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 16 (4 June 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 15 (28 May 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 14 (22 May 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 13 (13 May 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 12 (7 May 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 11 (1 May 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 10 (28 April 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 9 (24 April 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 8 (20 April 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 7 (15 April 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 6 (9 April 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 5 (7 April 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 4 (3 April 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 3 (1 April 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 2 (31 March 2020)
- SFP Covid-19 Digest 1 (30 March 2020)
Weekly coordinator catch-up
During April and May, Food Power and Sustainable Food Places jointly hosted weekly online forums for food partnership coordinators to connect and share with each other, hear national updates on food-related issues, and feedback their on the ground experiences to national network coordinators and campaigners.
- Coordinator catch-up (3 June): The Bristol #FoodKindCampaign, Going for Gold and Feeding Bristol; Local partnership in action: Glasgow Food Policy Partnership; Reflections from Sustain's Chief Exec on what the future (may) hold. Listen to the recording. Download Bristol presentation. Download Glasgow presentation. Download Sustain's presentation.
- Coordinator catch-up (27 May) - An update on the Agriculture Bill and farming sector; Local artnership in action: Food Durham; Food for Good Coalition in Edinburgh. Listen to the recording. Dowload Ag Bill and farming sector presentation. Download Food Durham presentation. Dowload Food for Good Coalition presentation.
- Coordinator catch-up (20 May): Changing narratives and opportunities for food resilience during and post-outbreak with the Food Ethics Council; Local partnership in action: Food Cardiff; Case study of Our Kitchen on the Isle of Thanet. Listen to the recording. Download Food Cardiff presentation. Download Our Kitchen in Thanet presentation.
- Coordinator catch-up (13 May): A Scottish perspective on responding to Covid-19 and implementing Dignity in Practice; School food caterers serving the community; Case study Made in Hackney. Listen to the recording. Download Nourish Dignity in Practice presentation. Download school food caterers serving the community presentation. Download Made in Hackney presentation.
- Coordinator catch-up (6 May): Case study of local coordination in action from Birmingham's Director of Public Health; Case study of local coordination in action from CFINE in Aberdeen; The role of wholesalers in food responses to Covid-19, case study from Southwark. Listen to the recording.
- Coordinator catch-up (29 April): School food trends; food insecurity research; example of local action from the Greater Liverpool region. Listen to the recording. Dowload school food trends presentation. Dowload Food Foundation presentation on food insecurity research. Dowload Feedback's presentation with example of local action from Greater Liverpool.
- Coordinator catch-up (22 April): Better Food & local supply chain response; Case study from Regather co-op in Sheffield; Good food movements. Listen to the recording. Download Better Food Traders presentation. Download Regather presentation. Download Good Food Movements presentation.
- Coordinator catch-up (15 April): Top tips for online collaboration; Case studies of local coordination in action from Greenwich and Brighton & Hove; Guidance on community food growing and allotments. Listen to the recording. Download the PPT presentation. Download Greenwich case study. Dowload Guide to Virtual Meetings. Download the Group Calls-Top Tips.
- Coordinator catch-up (8 April): Changes to the Healthy Start scheme; Challenges, solutions and guidance to keeping markets open; Ensuring food provision for children while schools are closed. Listen to the recording. Dowload the presentation.
Hungry for more? Sustain is hosting a wide variety of webinars this summer - check out the full list.
Stay up to date on the latest food poverty news with Food Power's monthly newsletter. Sign up here.
Join Sustainable Food Places' monthly newsletter for updates on key news, events, campaigns and opportunities. Sign up here.
Parliamentary committee calls for sustainable food production to support a resilient food system
In the name of your Real Bread Campaign
Government urged to support metropolitan councils that are falling short on tackling food emissions
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.