Sourdough September shenanigans
It’s the Real Bread Campaign’s annual, international floury fiesta celebrating that life’s sweeter with sourdough, and here’s a taste of what’s happening in London.
During #SourdoughSeptember, bakeries, baking schools, pizzerias, mills and others run sourdough classes, feasts, tasting and more. London highlights this year include:
11 Yeast In The East, The Bread Companion, Leyton
14 Sourdough starter giveaway, East Sheen Microbakery, Roehampton
15 Sourdough making masterclass, Modern Baker and Planet Organic, Bayswater
19 Sourdough pizza making, Sodo, Bethnal Green
30 Sourdough bread making masterclass with Tomek Mossakowski, Made In Hackney (Urban Food Fortnight event)
A baker’s dozen
London is blessed with many great Real Bread bakeries and microbakeries. Here are just 13 of those that craft genuine sourdough and also support the Real Bread Campaign.
- Better Health Bakery, Haggerston E8
- Bread Ahead, Southwark SE1
- Bread Bread, Brixton SE24
- Brick House, East Dulwich SE22
- E5 Bakehouse, London Fields E8
- Holtwhites Bakery, Enfield EN2
- Kennington Bakery, Kennington SE11
- Ma Baker, Fulham SW6
- TODAY, Walthamstow E17
- Wapping Sourdough, Wapping E1W
Many of them sell their Real Bread at various locations. Find details of these and more on The Real Bread Finder map.
What it’s all about
The Real Bread Campaign created #SourdoughSeptember in 2013 to:
- Share the delicious delights of genuine sourdough
- Encourage more people to bake genuine sourdough
- Celebrate the small, independent bakeries that bake genuine sourdough
- Alert people to the issue of sourfaux
YOUR dough is kneaded
London’s larder is open as Urban Food Fortnight begins
Book now for UFFmazing offers
Don’t dine on no swine?
A bevvy of brilliant beanos for beer lovers
10 super UFF supper clubs