True Loaf magazine issue 54 out now
Read the April to June 2023 edition of the Real Bread Campaign magazine.
Features in this issue of the Real Bread Campaign supporters’ exclusive magazine include:
- Cultivating a new local grain economy: An introduction to The Sheffield Wheat Experiment by its co-founder and project director, artist Ruth Levene.
- The next loaf: Rebecca Bishop, owner of Two Magpies Bakery across eight sites around Suffolk, on sharing her baking passion and knowledge.
- Land, farmer, miller, baker, customer: Ellen Baker visits the land-to-loaf Field Bakery on Gothelney Farm, nestled at the foot of the Quantocks in Somerset.
- A lifetime loafing about: Avid home baker Robert Milne reminisces about a near lifelong obsession with Real Bread.
- Focus on phytate and FODMAPs: Dietitian Sophie Turigel and Chris Young look at two potential benefits of sourdough fermentation.
- My bread heritage by Elissa O’Donoghue
Rebecca Bishop’s first book, Two Magpies Bakery: Stories and Recipes from the Heart of East Anglia, is published by Headline on 27 April 2023, RRP £26.
We have a copy to give away. For details, see the post on the @RealBreadCampaign Instagram feed. The draw closes on 30 June 2023. UK only.
True Loaf is posted to Real Bread Campaign supporters in the UK, while all of our supporters worldwide can login to download the PDF version (and the entire back catalogue of issues) at any time.
Not a Campaign supporter?
Please JOIN US today to help our charity continue our bready work.
Our magazine, your shout!
We want to help YOU be seen and YOUR VOICE to be heard!
This is our open invitation to our supporters (and other people involved in the rise of Real Bread from seed to sandwich) around the world: We want to help you to tell your stories, share your knowledge and air your views through True Loaf, our website and social media accounts.
Published 13 Apr 2023
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.