Read the October to December 2023 edition of the Real Bread Campaign magazine.
Features in this issue of the Real Bread Campaign supporters’ magazine include:
- The brewker’s tale: How a life change led to Bill Russell setting up Equal Brewkery, a heady brew of Real Bread, beer and social enterprise.
- Playing fields of wheat: School gardening club leader Liz Read tells the story of how children at Holy Trinity Primary Academy in Wiltshire grew wheat on their playing field.
- Barley vous? Professor Wendy Russell is leading research at the University of Aberdeen’s Rowett Institute into the potential benefits of a barley renaissance.
- Confessions of a home baker: Gary Murray’s personal tale takes in mental wellbeing, cancer and ‘80s TV.
- Freeze!: Barrie Lewis in South Africa explains why a chest freezer is an essential bit of his homebaking kit.
- A different type of rugby club: Paul Raddan celebrates eight years of bringing people together around Real Bread.
- Marking the Real Bread Campaign’s 15th anniversary in November with a look back at some of our work since our 10th anniversary in 2018.
- The limited edition Real Bread knife, forged by Richard Harris Knives to celebrate our anniversary.
- A step-by-step poster courtesy of the Breaducation For Kids collaboration between Wild Hearth Bakery and Comrie Primary School.
True Loaf is posted to Real Bread Campaign supporters in the UK, while all of our supporters worldwide can login to download the PDF version (and the entire back catalogue of issues) at any time.
Not a Campaign supporter?
To help our charity continue our bready work, please:
YOUR words in print
We want to help YOU be seen and YOUR VOICE to be heard!
This is our open invitation to our supporters (and other people involved in the rise of Real Bread from seed to sandwich) around the world: We want to help you to tell your stories, share your knowledge and air your views through True Loaf, our website and social media accounts.
Untold Stories Fund
YOU can help the Real Bread Campaign celebrate unsung Real Bread heroes by contributing to our Untold Stories Fund.
Published 4 Oct 2023
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.