Could you create a video or help more generally so we can publish our next book?
This summer, the Real Bread Campaign will run a crowdfunding campaign to publish Knead to Know…more, the updated, expanded 10th anniversary edition of our essential microbakery handbook.
If you are:
- Experienced in running a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- Skilled in creating short, attention-grabbing promotional video clips.
- A social media whiz.
- Able to volunteer for 1 or 2 days a week from mid-June until early August 2021.
We’d love to hear from you!
Supervised by the Real Bread Campaign coordinator, the volunteer will be involved in:
- Producing promotional video clips.
- Creating social media assets/artwork, writing and scheduling posts.
- Contacting selected supporters and other friends to encourage them to pledge.
- Writing updates and other short articles for the website and crowdfunding page.
- Tasks related to more general Campaign activity.
We would also be happy to consider taking on two volunteers – one for the video production and another for the rest of the tasks.
To help maximise the benefit of the placement to both the volunteer and Sustain, the volunteer and Campaign coordinator will discuss and agree a workplan and identify potential learning opportunities
You will have experience of doing some or all of the above and feel you can commit to volunteering for the duration of the crowdfunding campaign. You will also have:
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
- Good writing and research skills with keen attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work well with Sustain. staff members, Campaign supporters and others.
- An interest in the Campaign’s mission and work.
We promote equal opportunities and invite everyone who feels they can commit to the above to apply. We particularly encourage applications from people who self-identify as coming from backgrounds, or belonging to groups, historically under-represented in and by the Real Bread Campaign.
This is an unpaid, voluntary position according to Sustain's volunteer policy. Most activity can be carried out remotely. Depending on need and Covid guidelines, the role might also involve some days spent in the Sustain office in east London.
For any day spent in the Sustain office, we can reimburse receipted out-of-pocket expenses of up to £13 a day for lunch and travel.
- Have a look around the Real Bread Campaign website to get a good idea of our work.
- Complete the Sustain volunteer application form. (don’t worry that is says we’re not taking on volunteers)
- Attach your current CV.
When completing the form, please be sure to:
- Select the Real Bread Campaign as your first project choice – you can leave the others blank.
- Make clear your experience relevant to this crowdfunding role.
- Say what you hope to get out of volunteering with the Real Bread Campaign.
Applications close at 9am on Monday 7 June 2021
The Campaign coordinator will contact selected applicants to arrange a Zoom chat.
We’re sorry that we won’t be able to give feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
Give us a say on our daily bread
Take our online action
Published 25 May 2021
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.