Join the Real Bread Campaign and Brook Food on Saturday 7 July 2018 for a day of baking, learning and meeting other Real Bread fanatics.
Hosted by Brook Food at their test bakery, bakery school and equipment showroom near Taunton, Somerset, BATCH: South West offers professional bakers, ‘semi-pro’ microbakers and homebakers the opportunity to hear and learn from Real Bread experts. Guests will have plenty of time for chatting and picking each other’s brains over a long lunch.
The morning will consist of short talks, Q&A and a panel discussion, followed by an afternoon of hands-on and knowledge-based workshops. After the main event, there will be an optional outdoor evening social, including a hog roast and veggie feast around the bonfire, with live music and bar.
Full details will be announced soon, but the first speakers to be confirmed are:
- Season owner Adam Pagor
- Multiple award-winning baker Mark Bennett
- Emma’s Bread founder Emma Parkin
- Thoughtful Bread Company founder and Campaign ambassador Duncan Glendinning
- Real Bread Campaign coordinator Chris Young
The daytime event will run from 1100 -1730 (with registration from 1030-1050) and the evening event from 1800-2200.
A very limited number of discounted early bird tickets are available now, one per paid-up Campaign supporter.
- Full event (daytime and evening) prices: £30£35£40 (early bird supporter discount standard)
- Daytime only prices: £20£25£30 (early bird discount supporter discount standard)
Supporters can find the code for the hidden discount tickets by logging in to the Real Bread Campaign supporters’ page.
To buy a discounted ticket using the code click the ‘tickets’ button on the Eventbrite ticketing page and select ‘enter promotional code’.
Any profits from the event will go to the Real Bread Campaign, part of the food and farming charity Sustain.
- Booking in advance is required. No tickets will be available on the day.
- Early bird tickets are very limited and only available until Monday 2 April, or until all are sold, whichever is sooner.
- Discounted tickets are limited to one per paid-up Campaign supporter
- Anyone who is not a Campaign supporter but buys a discounted ticket will then need to either join the Campaign before the event or pay the difference on the door.
- Daytime tickets include all talks, workshops, lunch and tea/coffee. Full event tickets also include evening food and entertainment.
- A licensed bar will be available for guests to buy drinks during the evening event.
- If you buy a daytime only ticket, you will need to leave before the evening event starts.
- You will be able to book for workshops and talks on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please state any dietary requirements when booking.
- Tickets are transferrable but non-refundable.
- Experts are confirmed but volunteering their time and subject to change. No refund will be given due to non-availability or other change in event details.
Travel and accommodation
The nearest station isTaunton. Local accommodation includes:
Published 14 Mar 2018
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.