A discussion on the importance of food resilience in communities.
Held in partnership with Local Trust, this session will focus on how COVID-19 has impacted local and national food systems and what needs to be done in order to build more resilience into our food systems for the future.
Joining the discussion will be:
- Maddie Guerlain, Project Coordinator, Sustain (Chair)
- Dee Woods, Independent Food Aid Network trustee, London Food Board member, Landworkers Alliance Director and co-founder of African and Caribbean Heritage Food Network
- Julie Brown, Director of Growing Communities
- Sue Pritchard, Food, Farming and Countryside Commission
- Sue Morris, chair of Devonshire West Big Local
For some more context on the topic ahead of the event, take a look at this blog by Maddie Guerlain.
The event will be held via Zoom and joining instructions will be sent to attendees beforehand. You can also join the conversation on twitter using #RespondRenew.
Published 25 Jun 2020
Sustain: Sustain The alliance for better food and farming advocates food and agriculture policies and practices that enhance the health and welfare of people and animals, improve the working and living environment, enrich society and culture and promote equity.
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.