The new London Community Response Fund is now open to applications, to help voluntary and community sector organisations help vulnerable Londoners during Covid-19.
The new London Community Response Fund has a focus on supporting Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations providing food and other essentials to vulnerable Londoners during the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak.
What funding is available?
Wave 1 has now closed. This initial wave offered grants of up to £5,000 for urgent needs with a focus on food and essentials.
Three types of grants are currently available: Crisis, Enable and Adapt.
- Crisis grants are for organisations that need to urgently provide food, essentials and support to communities through crisis.
- Enable grants supports work that helps to prevent difficulties arising from the crisis escalating, and that enables people to emerge from crisis.
- Adapt grants help organisations to restart, adapt or collaborate for the future.
Organisations can apply for up to £50,000 for grants lasting for up to six months, though it can be for a shorter period (e.g. activities over the summer).
Through all the programmes priority is being given to equity and inclusion, strong connections, and smaller organisations. To find out more see the London Community Response Fund website.
Who is eligible?
For either large or small grants, the following organisations can apply:
- Registered charity
- Registered Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- Charitable company (limited by guarantee)
- Registered charitable industrial and provident society, or charitable cooperative (Bencom)
For small grants, applications will also be accepted from:
- Faith group, where the activity is not promoting religion
- Community Amateur Sports Club
- Constituted but unincorporated club or association
- Constituted Tenants and Residents Associations, and Tenant Management Organisations
- Constituted community group
How to apply?
Submit an application here. Applications will be shared with multiple funders who are collaborating on the London Community Response Fund. Applications will be screened to check they meet the eligibility criteria and then shared with the group of collaborating funders. Funders will select applications they are able to fund (depending on their area of operation and interest) and make decisions on them. Funders are committing to make decisions within a week.
Further guidance on the application process is available here.
What further funding will be available?
Updates on further funding will be posted on the main website.
What we’re fighting for 2023
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.