London Community Response Fund
The new London Community Response Fund is now open to applications, to help voluntary and community sector organisations help vulnerable Londoners during Covid-19.
The new London Community Response Fund has a focus on supporting Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations providing food and other essentials to vulnerable Londoners during the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak.
What funding is available?
Wave 1 has now closed. This initial wave offered grants of up to £5,000 for urgent needs with a focus on food and essentials.
Wave 2 has two funding programmes that are taking applications:
- Crisis response: grants of up to £10,000 to help VCS organisations meet the immediate needs of communities, from food and essentials to equipment and additional short-term staff costs.
- Delivering differently: grants of £10,000 - £50,000 to help organisations adapt and change the way they deliver their work to continue to meet the needs of their communities. This may mean switching to digital channels or redeploying staff to boost capacity to meet increased demand.
Priorities for these two funds are laid out on the guidance page.
The collaborating funders (including the Greater London Authority and City Bridge Trust), have agreed a set of principles which will underpin all the activities of the London Community Response Fund.
There is a weekly rolling deadline for grant applications until further notice e.g. applications submitted by Friday 17th April will be assessed in the following week.
Who is eligible?
For all funding streams, the following organisations can apply:
- Registered charity
- Registered Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- Charitable company (limited by guarantee)
For the crisis response grants, applications will also be accepted from:
- Faith group, where the activity is not promoting religion
- Community Amateur Sports Club
- Community Benefit Society
- Constituted but unincorporated club or association
- Constituted Tenants and Residents Associations, and Tenant Management Organisations
- Constituted community group
More details of eligibility and conditions for application can be found on the website.
How to apply?
Submit an application here. Applications will be shared with multiple funders who are collaborating on the London Community Response Fund. Applications will be screened to check they meet the eligibility criteria and then shared with the group of collaborating funders. Funders will select applications they are able to fund (depending on their area of operation and interest) and make decisions on them. Funders are committing to make decisions within a week.
Further guidance on the application process is available here.
What further funding will be available?
Updates on further funding will be posted on the main website.
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.