Have you ever wanted to share your thoughts on all the things that are influencing your children’s food? From football sponsorship to cartoons on cakes to school meals, and many more - we want to hear what you think!
If you’re a parent or carer of a child aged 2-17, you can sign up to be part of our Parents’ Jury, where we make your voice heard on the food issues which matter to you and your children.
Previous survey results
- September 2020: Covid-19 and Children's Food: Parents' Priorities for Building Back Better
- July 2020: Pester Power or Parent Power? Cartoon characters on food and drink packaging
- November 2018: Teachers' views on sale of energy drinks to under-18s and parents' views aired in our submission to Government consultation.
- April 2018: Junk Food Marketing to Children
- March 2018: Parents’ Jury responses on School Food
- August 2017: Parents’ Jury responses on Cadbury Sponsorship of the Premier League
What is the Parents’ Jury?
- An online jury for parents to collectively make their voice heard on the food and nutrition issues which matter to them and their children.
- Children's Food Campaign will share the findings of Parents' Jury surveys and other activities with relevant Government departments, politicians, advertising regulators and industry bodies, as well as the media
- Parents' voices will contribute to our push for healthier, more sustainable food and the policies to support it.
Who can apply to be on the Parents’ Jury?
- Any parent or carer of a child aged 2-17, living in the UK.
How do I become a member of the Parents’ Jury?
- Please complete our simple online application form. It should take no more than 3 minutes.
- We’re looking for a broad mix of parents, from different backgrounds and areas, and with a range of views and experiences.
- Initially we hope to select up to 500 people to sit on the Jury.
What can I expect as a Parents’ Jury member?
- If successfully selected for the Jury, you will receive a few surveys a year, as well as ad hoc opportunities to comment on topical news stories, adverts and policy announcements.
- Don’t worry – you don’t have to commit to filling in every survey, but we hope that you’ll feel as passionately as we do about making your voice heard.
- You will be encouraged to share examples of best – and worst – products and marketing practices you have come across, as well as rate business and government attempts to make healthy choices easier.
- There may also be the potential for participating in more in-depth interviews or focus groups in the future.
- There’s no payment involved. But Parents’ Jury members may be invited to special events hosted by the Children’s Food Campaign, as well as be eligible for discounts on joining other Sustain projects (e.g. London Food Link or Real Bread Campaign).
Give us a say on our daily bread
Take our online action
Children's Food Campaign: Better food and food teaching for children in schools, and protection of children from junk food marketing are the aims of Sustain's high-profile Children's Food Campaign. We also want clear food labelling that can be understood by everyone, including children.
Support our campaign
Your donation will help us champion children’s rights, parent power and government action to improve the food environment children grow up in.