The Real Bread Campaign is looking for new ambassadors and needs YOUR help finding them.
Everyone in the Real Bread Campaign network is encouraged to promote the charity’s work and champion the rise of Real Bread in general. Now we’re looking for a small group of our supporters to become our official ambassadors.
Do you know a Campaign supporter who could fit the bill? Maybe it’s you?
What we need
We’re looking for paid-up Real Bread Campaign supporters who’re willing and able to be vocal champions for our work and the rise of Real Bread in general.
Each official Real Bread Campaign ambassador won’t necessarily be a professional baker but should
- Broadly share the Campaign’s views and generally support its aims and activities
- Have the ability to speak confidently and clearly in public and perhaps in media interviews
- Have expert knowledge in one or more areas relevant to the Campaign’s work and aims
He/she might not currently have a public profile but should be ready for the Campaign coordinator to call upon them from time to time variously to help
- Speak, write or broadcast in support of the Campaign
- Inspire more people to bake Real Bread at home
- Encourage more people to join the Campaign
- Be involved in other activity to support the Campaign coordinator
Campaign ambassadors are encouraged to publicise the fact that they hold the position where relevant, for example on their websites; in biographical notes in baking books, food event programmes, media releases etc; in introductions to any baking classes, demos or other public appearances; and in articles and broadcasts by or about them.
The Campaign will…
- Advise ambassadors in advance of planned Campaign actions and initiatives
- Publish Campaign ambassador mini biographies on its website
- Include quotes from Campaign ambassadors in media releases
- Publicise the participation of ambassadors in Campaign activities and initiatives
In addition to raising awareness of the Campaign and the issues it works on, this is an opportunity for ambassadors to raise their own profiles.
Have your say
Every current Real Bread Campaign supporter has been sent a link (that they can also find on their Campaign supporter dashboard) to nominate a person, which could be her/himself, they believe fulfil the above criteria and would make a good ambassdor.
Nominations close on 31 January 2019
Sustain staff will then research and shortlist nominees based on the criteria and the Campaign's needs, and contact selected nominees to carry out final checks (for example any potential conflicts of interest) before inviting a number of them to become official ambassadors.
An announcement will be made in March.
Sustain staff will work to ensure that, as a group, official ambassadors are broadly representative of the Campaign’s network of supporters. This is an honorary, voluntary, ad hoc role and ambassadors will be reviewed every 2-5 years. Sustain's selection decision will be final and no discussion/correspondence regarding it will be entered into.
Published 9 Jan 2019
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.