Farming policy should be based on supporting the sector towards a sustainable and resilient future. We believe this must include incentivising agroecological farming and high animal welfare outcomes.
How should schemes be designed?
- Accessible to all farm types and sizes.
- Based on supporting a transition to agroecological farming.
- Deliver climate and nature outcomes at the farm and landscape levels.
- Econmically viable and rewarding for farmers and land managers.
- Provide independent and good-quality advice.
Sustain is working with our members to help secure ambitious agri-environment policy that underpins the values and principles of the sector now and in the future.
We have set out a vision for how policy can support a resilient and agroecological farming sector - Beyond 2024: A new horizon for UK farming.
- Align farming policy with delivering a transition to agroecology in England.
- Offer a coherent and joined up 'farming offer'.
- Deliver a policy programme to support growth of better food trading.
- Better regulate the supermarket chain to ensure fairness.
- Integrate environment, animal welfare, and food safety standards in trade.
Download our vision for farming - Beyond 2024.
Prime Minister announces annual food security index and conference
Government analysis shows stifled progress on emissions due to farmer uncertainty
New RSPB report ‘Without Nature There Is No Food’ makes the case for eco food labelling
Fairness in the food supply chain debate
Debt, migration and exploitation
Soy no more: Breaking away from soy in UK pig and poultry farming
Support our campaign
Your donation will help us work with farmers to push for policies to support farming fit for our future.