A doughy day for your diary.
Scotland The Bread promise the day will be ‘packed with workshops, talks and hands-on activity.’ Entry is free but donations are welcome in support of Scotland The Bread’s work.
Full details will be revealed soon these activities and attractions have been announced so far.
- Be part of The Breadagogues’ work-in-progress show ARISE! Songs and Stories for the Bread Revolution.
- The awards ceremony of the Scottish Bread Championship.
- Two Slices a Day – scientists and community bakers report on The People’s Bread: an easy way to get Ultra-Processed Food off our backs (and fronts).
- First screening in Scotland of Six Inches of Soil. The inspiring story of British farmers standing up against the industrial food system to heal the soil, benefit our health and provide for local communities. It will be followed by a discussion of how healthy grains from healthy soils are the foundation of Real Bread.
- Straw weaving workshop.
- Children’s flatbread making workshop.
- Bread Shed’s sourdough rye bread demonstration for beginners and enthusiasts alike.
- Making roti from Scotland The Bread wholemeal flour.
- Tours of Scotland The Bread’s unique mill.
- Real Bread focused market stalls.
- The Big Thrash - from sheaf to sourdough by hand. Threshing, winnowing, grinding and bread making for children.
Published Friday 12 January 2024
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.