The Real Bread Campaign wants to hear from enterprises and other organisations that help people having a tougher time than most of us to benefit from Real Bread making and baking in general.
Do you work with people facing challenges such as:
- Living with depression, anxiety or other mental health issues
- Having a learning disability
- Living with physical disability or recovering from serious injury
- Facing challenges arising from getting older, such as loneliness
- Finding their feet in society as an ex-offender or after leaving the armed forces
- Recently arrived (perhaps as a refugee) and experiencing difficulty integrating
- Do you help them benefit from baking, particularly bread making, perhaps as a therapeutic exercise, social activity or by learning skills for employment or life in general?
Then the Real Bread Campaign wants to hear from you!
As part of its Together We Rise strand, the Campaign is working to update its 2013 Rising Up report, pulling together further evidence of the still sadly under-recognise benefits of baking. The aim is to bring wider attention to them and (hopefully) help attract more support for existing and new therapeutic/social baking enterprises/initiatives.
The Campaign wants to receive and help share:
- Details of your baking enterprise or initiative
- Who you’re working to support and how they benefit from baking
- The results / evidence you have generated or gathered
- Personal stories from people who have benefitted from baking
- Photos that help to illustrate this work and tell these stories
The Campaign would also like to hear from people who have benefitted from baking in such ways.
If you’d like to be involved, please send an email and we’ll send you some questions: realbread at sustainweb dot org
Published 24 Oct 2017
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.