2017 marks the international celebration of sourdough’s fifth anniversary, and the Real Bread Campaign needs YOUR help to make it another success!
With the continuing apparent increase in crummy sourfaux out there, the role of Real Bread lovers in the Campaign’s celebration of the oldest way of leavening a loaf (and bakers who craft Real Bread this way) is more important than ever.
The invitation is open to everyone who bakes (or wants to learn to bake) genuine sourdough Real Bread, wherever they are in the world.
Ways for Real Bread bakeries and baking schools to get involved
- Create sourdough events during September and add details to the Real Bread Campaign calendar today.
- Ping a promotional email to everyone on your mailing list – get them excited!
- Contact local media to let them know about the international initiative and that YOU are the people on their patch with the local angle on the story
- Donate a percentage from your sourdough sales in September to the Campaign
Event/activity ideas include sourdough: baking lessons, toast and tea parties, pizza nights, starter giveaways... Read more.
Organisers runnning events in London between 8 and 24 Sepetmber will also be able to list them on the Urban Food Fortnight calendar.
Campaign supporters can download the logo and a selection of poster designs from our website
Ways that everyone can get involved
- Learn to bake sourdough: You can find more than 100 places to learn to bake Real Bread on our classes and courses page, many of which share the secrets of sourdough.
- Join the Real Bread Campaign: We need YOUR dough to enable us to carry on doing what we do. Read more.
- Social shoutout: Spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other channels using the #SourdoughSeptember hashtag
...because life's sweeter with sourdough!
Demand Government buys high-quality food for our schools and hospitals
Take our online action
Published 5 Jul 2017
Real Bread Campaign: The Real Bread Campaign finds and shares ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet. Whether your interest is local food, community-focussed small enterprises, honest labelling, therapeutic baking, or simply tasty toast, everyone is invited to become a Campaign supporter.
Latest related news
Support our charity
Your donation will help support the spread of baking skills and access to real bread.