Sustain launched today a new action for the public to tell their MP they don’t want Bad Food Britain.
Taking back control means that we should keep sensible standards that are already in place, and work to make them even better when we leave Europe.
We don’t believe that strong standards that help to ensure the food we eat is safe, sustainable, ethical and healthy should be put at risk by Brexit.
This would be a bad result. The Great Repeal Bill and other Brexit measures must secure important existing food standards, to avoid outcomes such as:
- Meat being poorly checked for disease or contamination
- Pesticides currently banned being used on our fruit and vegetables
- Treasured nature and wildlife being harmed by damaging farming practices
- Unproven health and provenance claims appearing on food labels
- Precious fish stocks becoming endangered through over-fishing.
MPs need to hear from their constituents that they care about good food standards.
Members of the public can use the letter we drafted and which can be amended to include other concerns.
Published 3 Apr 2017
Good Trade Campaign: Campaigning for good trade that benefits people and the planet at home and overseas.
Latest related news
Supermarket shoppers could be buying meat produced with irresponsible antibiotic use, new report finds
18 Nov 2021
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.