Become a Sustain member
The benefits of membership
- Sustain’s digest Digest, a monthly summary of current activities by the membership and food policy issues from pertinent government departments, the food industry and elsewhere;
- A full record of all Sustain’s members’ and Council meetings;
- Additional, specialist information about any of the project and campaigns that you can opt to join.
Sustain encourages organisations to work together to increase their strength and effectiveness by:
- Gathering support for their own work, e.g. by circulating materials through Sustain networks;
- Convening special meetings and co-ordinating responses to policy makers and others on issues of particular concern.
By consulting with the membership, Sustain amplify our common voice, representing the public interest to policy makers in government and elsewhere on food and agriculture issues. For example, Sustain was involved in the creation of the Food Standards Agency, and in a number of government food strategies.
Policy and project development
Much of Sustain’s work is concerned with developing and promoting rational and progressive food and agriculture policies to achieve a wide range of social, health and environmental benefits. Working parties of the membership and other experts devise to develop policies and projects in particular areas of common concern. Please see our home page for the range of issues currently covered.
Membership is open to national organisations which do not distribute profits to private shareholders and which therefore operate in the public interest. The organisation must be wholly or partly interested in food or farming issues and support the general aims and work of the alliance.
If you are applying for membership, please download and complete the application form and send it, together with your latest annual report and accounts, to:
Sustain: The alliance for better food and farming
Sustain, The Green House, 244-254 Cambridge Heath Road, London E2 9DA
0203 5596 777
If you would like any further information then please contact Ben Reynolds on 0203 5596 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The membership process
Once we receive your application, it will be discussed at the next available Sustain Council meeting. The Council will recommend to the next members meeting that your application be accepted (or rejected).
Individuals or groups not eligible for membership may wish to:
- subscribe to a Sustain project or newsletter;
- receive details about our publications, events and campaign news;
- subscribe to our digital newsletter, Digest.