This guide outlines the principles to age-friendly and inclusive volunteering, shares best practice and provides a tool to self-review community food projects’ inclusivity. Growing Connections is a project of Sustain, funded by the Centre for Ageing Better and DCMS through the Age-friendly and inclusive volunteering programme.
This guide covers:
- Introduction to the guide and project
- Core values
- Be flexible and responsive.
- Help people feel enabled and supported.
- Be sociable and connected.
- Make people feel valued and appreciated.
- Make things meaningful and purposeful.
- Make use of strengths.
- Inclusivity self-review
Growing Connections: Guide to an inclusive and welcoming community garden
18pp - 2020 | 724Kb
Published Monday 3 August 2020
Capital Growth: We believe everyone should have the opportunity to grow food as part of a healthy, resilient food system and we are working with our network of growers in London to make this happen.