London’s fifth annual Urban Food Fortnight will kick off today. From 9 to 25 September Londoners can take part in activities celebrating the fabulous food grown, made, cooked, saved and foraged in the capital. There are over 70 events taking place across London, so make sure you don't miss out.
Check out the map today and get yourself to one of the fantastic events taking place during the fortnight:
- Head on over to the People’s Food Fair with Waltham Forest Cultivate for local food and beer, workshops and stalls all celebrating local food.
10 September – FREE event, more information available on the Culitvate site.
- GROW: Meet Grow Up Urban Farms as at the Albion in Clerkenwell where they will give a demo talk at hand out free samples of their micro-crops.
13 September, FREE event, register through Eventbrite.
- COOK: Head to the London Cooking Project where you can dine Local to London with Oliver Rowe.
15 September – tickets £35, available through Billetto.
- GROW: Celebrate at the Alara Cereals: Harvest Party with a bonfire, child-friendly activities and live music.
16 September – FREE event, join the Facebook event here.
- COOK: Enjoy a Crayfish Feast and help rid London of an invasive species. Crayfish Bob returns with his annual Crayfish Boil using American Signal Crayfish from London’s waterways.
16 September - tickets £35, available through Grub Club.
- GROW: Join Capital Growth for the Urban Harvest Feast on 17 September to get a taste for London’s edible gardens.
17 September: FREE event, map available on Capital Growth website.
- SAVE: Chop to the beat at the Skip Garden Disco Soup, put on by food waste charity Plan Zheroes.
18 September, FREE Event, join the event on Facebook.
- GROW: Get growing at the Twilight Gardening and Dining event at Global Generation’s Skip Garden. After the session you’ll be fed a delicious seasonal supper celebrating all things local.
21 September – tickets £25, available through Grub Club.
- SAVE: Toast to the end of food waste with Toast Ale. Have a go at brewing at the Temple Brew House, using surplus bread to make delicious beer.
21 September - FREE event, register on Eventbrite.
- Join Bee Wilson, Bridget Nicholls, Henry Dimbleby, Kath Dalmeny and Rosie Boycott as they share their insights on the future of urban food at UFF Flagship 5x15 event taking place at new venue Farmopolis.
September 22 – tickets start from £20, available through Grub Club.
- Join Foodisms for a walking treasure hunt at the East London Edition of the Urban Food Challenge leading to an amazing lunch prepared by Norman Loves in a secret location.
24 and 25 September – tickets £39, available through Grub Club.
Published 9 Sep 2016
Urban Food Fortnight: Urban Food Fortnight, the annual celebration of London's local larder, September 2019
Latest related news
New Tower Hamlets project supports communities to tackle climate change through food
4 Aug 2021
Healthy sustainable food needs to be more affordable and supermarkets should do more to reduce carbon emissions
4 Aug 2021
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.