Recipes from your veg box: Easy pasta for a summers day
This month's recipe from the Better Food Traders is perfect for soaking up the last evenings of summer. Their simple pasta dish celebrates the delicious organic produce found in your veg box.
There is an abundance of produce to celebrate in August and September here in the UK. We really are spoilt for choice. Cauliflower, French Beans, Summer Squash - you name it, your veg box will probably have it.
In this version of our easy pasta recipe we have used leeks and peas but whatever you have in your veg box can be switched in. Tomatoes, kale, courgettes, will all work with the simple flavours of lemon, garlic and capers.
Find out more about how the Better Food Traders are working with the seasons - not fighting against them - to providenutritious, tasty food at the time when it’s at its best. And this month why not join to show your support for #OrganicSeptember
Easy pasta for a summers day
Cook time 30 mins
2 Leeks finely sliced
Any greens you have left to use from your veg box
70g of Parmesan, grated
zest of 1 Lemon
2 tbsp Creme Fraiche (optional)
salt and pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta as per the instructions.
2. Fry the garlic and leeks in a hot pan with olive oil until softened.
3. Add the greens from your veg bag and cook till wilted.
4. Add the grated lemon zest, Parmesan and capers and stir into the pasta.
5. Finish with creme fraiche and add an extra bit of parmesan. (optional)
Check out last month's Better Food Traders recipe - the Brixton broccoli tart