See below for the many ways that you can help to achieve a sustainable food and farming system, and support the work of Sustain.
Join the gang!
If you represent a not-for-profit organisation with a national remit and have an interest in any aspect of healthy and sustainable food and farming, please consider joining Sustain. Together, we can make a real difference.
If you are either an interested individual; a not-for-profit organisation with a local or regional remit; a public sector organisation; or a company interested in adopting and promoting healthy and sustainable food, there are several options:
- If your interest is mainly in London, join London Food Link.
- If you have an interest in the state of bread in Britain, join the Real Bread Campaign
- Consider making a donation to Sustain (although please note that to maintain our independence, we do not take donations from profit-making companies, with private shareholders, in the food or farming industries).
Discounts are available if joining two or three of networks listed above.
You might want to get involved in one of our many other campaigns and projects that are listed on our home page. If you have an interest in a particular subject, you might also want to join one or more of Sustain's member organisations, and you can see the full list by clicking here.
Whether national or local; an organisation or individual, please also consider:
Buying sustainable food - individuals can follow our sustainable food advice and organisations can adopt our model catering policy.
Supporting local and sustainable suppliers in your area, by browsing one of our local and sustainable food finders, namely:
- Local Food Finder for food producers in the London and surrounding area willing and able to supply the commercial, community and public sectors.
- Food Co-op Finder, to find your nearest food co-op or food buying group.
- Real Bread Finder, to find your nearest supplier or baker who sells Real Bread.
Please also consider donating either time or money to help us:
- Volunteer for Sustain and help with our campaigns and research
- Join one of our campaigns or project networks (see our home page), and get involved.
- Make a donation to Sustain, either to support our work directly, or in appreciation of one of our downloadable publications. If you'd like to make a direct donation click here.