Freelance Designer (join our pool!)
- Role: Freelance Designer (join our pool!)
- Organisation: Sustain: The alliance for better food and farming
- Freelance rate: £148 per day, quote for work in advance
- Location: North London (work from home possible, if you have your own computer and appropriate software - see below)
- Position type: Occasional freelance work
- Closing date: Portfolio (preferably link to online material) and CV to be submitted by no later than 10am, Monday 8th April, 2013 (in other ads, we may have said Friday 5th - Monday 8th is the submission date)
- Read more details here
Volunteering at Sustain
Sustain relies on the work of volunteers, and often has positions available (although space is currently very limited). The contribution of volunteers is essential to our work, and includes administrative tasks, but also opportunities for research and campaigning.
Our office works flexible hours. However, the type of work available is rarely suitable for volunteers to carry out in the evening or at weekends, or from home. Where work is needed outside the office, depending on the needs of the project.
Previous volunteers have researched and written reports on issues such as sustainable fish and bottled water, assisted in the administration of a grants scheme, surveyed outlets offering Fairtrade food and helped organise a conference on Urban Agriculture.
We offer limited expenses, if working five or more hours in that day, up to a maximum of £6 for travel and £4 for food, on production of a receipt/ticket.
Sustain is only able to work with volunteers who are entitled to work in the UK and cannot assist with work permit or immigration issues. We are also not able to help volunteers find accommodation in London.
Positions are based at Sustain's offices in the Islington area of central London. Although we sometimes run regional projects, there are no regional volunteering opportunities at this time.