Progress report on Sustain’s work to improve diversity, equity and inclusion, and to promote racial justice.
This is Sustain’s second progress report on what we have been doing over the past 15 months on diversity, equity, inclusion and racial justice. You can read our progress report from December 2021 here. We are committed to publishing these reports in order to:
- Be open and transparent about what we are doing; and be open to being challenged.
- Keep us on track and prevent us becoming complacent or stuck in a rut.
- Encourage momentum and participation in our sector, and to be involved in the sharing of good ideas and knowledge about how to bring about positive changes.
This second progress report provides our commitments, as well as the actions we have been taking, with regards to:
- Leadership for change
- Project and campaign leadership
- Budget allocation
- Audit and review
- Internal structures and development
- Recruitment for diversity
- HR: employment policies and practices
- Communicating and creating platforms
- It also reflects that more work needs to be done on system change and being bold, if we are to look beyond our own organisations and networks, and influence change more widely.
Sustain’s progress on diversity and anti-racism
30pp - 2023 | 1087Kb
Published 18 May 2023
Sustain: Sustain The alliance for better food and farming advocates food and agriculture policies and practices that enhance the health and welfare of people and animals, improve the working and living environment, enrich society and culture and promote equity.