We need to ensure that patients can access appetising and nutritional meals and food after being discharged from hospital to assist with their recovery, reduce readmission and prevent avoidable costs. This guide summarises five key elements of ensuring people have support in place and includes a range good practice from around the country.
Foreword by Dame Prue Leith DBE, Sustain patron
1. Developing a joined-up approach to food and hospital discharge
2. Understanding and responding to people’s needs
3. Knowing about and navigating local support options
4. Developing and communicating a plan
5. Supporting local providers
Home from hospital: Ensuring people have access to food at discharge from hospital and beyond
22pp - 2022 | 1282Kb
Published 16 Mar 2022
Food Poverty: Over 5 million people in the UK struggle to get enough to eat. We’re working to change that through people-powered projects and campaigns that tackle the root causes of food poverty and ensure everyone has dignified access to healthy, affordable food.