Despite bottled water costing around 500 times as much as tap water, analysts predict we will buy more than 2 billion litres this year. Are you going to "bottle out" of your responsibility to the planet, and carry on drinking increasing quantities of bottled water?
- Drinking more and more
- Isn't bottled water better for you?
- Some potential health risks
- "Purer" than thou
- The environmental damage
- The price of image
- How much water do we need to drink?
- Tap water
- Tap water and your health
- Regulating the water companies
- The environmental benefits of tap water
- Other options
- Save water!
Where to find out more
Have you bottled it? How drinking tap water can help save you and the planet.
ISBN: 978-1-903060-41-4 - 21pp - 2006 | 4082Kb
1 Dec 2006
Food Facts: A series of short reports on over a dozen different products, shows how people's shopping choices - as well as government policy - can protect the environment, enhance social justice and improve health.