With the general election looming, Sustain member the Nature Friendly Farming Network are launching a new farm visit training scheme called Suits to Welly Boots, which aims to connect politicians with farmers through on-site farm visits.
The NFFN is doubling down on its ambition for a better farming future. They want to increase understanding across the political spectrum of the importance of farming in meeting so many of society’s needs.
To do this, they need help from fellow farmers to secure the support that farming needs.
They’re inviting farmers in England to attend one of three online training sessions over the next year, which will provide them with all the tools and knowledge they’ll need to host their local politician on their farm.
What's in it for those involved?
- The opportunity to positively influence agricultural policy
- The space to tell their unique farming story
- Participation in and collaboration with a network of like-minded farmers
- A free online training session and brand-new Resources Toolki
- Unlimited support and advice from our MP Farmer Engagement Officer
If you're interested in hosting your local politician on your farm with support from @nffnuk, follow the links below:
Suits to Welly Boots info here
Expression of Interest form here
Published 7 Sep 2023
Sustainable Farming Campaign: Sustain encourages integration of sustainable food and farming into local, regional and national government policies.