Recent events and activities to support local action on food
Our events bring a diverse set of people and projects together from around the country to explore in depth a particular local food issue and to network with other projects. If you have an idea for an event that you’d like to see happen in your part of the country then get in touch (email email@example.com).
Our events are open to all, but Local Action on Food members get a large discount on attending! So do please consider joining the network.
Previous events and associated publications
- Food and spatial planning: How planning can support a healthy and sustainable food system
- Growing your own business: An event for community groups looking to trade their produce, March 2011
- Edible Assets: Securing money for your food initiative, September 2010
- Planning and food, July 2010, leading to publication of the report Good Planning for Good Food, 2011
- Getting Down to Business: How to make your community food growing project economically viable, June 2010
- Finding the Plot: Access to land for food growing groups in urban areas, October 2009
- Building a sustainable food hub and An investigation of the workings into a small-scale food hub
- Food Policy and Local Action on Food Seminar April 2009: An exploration of some of the local policies that affect the food system locally. Attendees ranged from community groups, councils, PCTs and discussion focussed on a range of policies from the Sustainable Communities Act to Local Area Agreements and food strategies.