Food Links UK was established in 2002 as a network of organisations active in supporting the local food sector and working towards fairer, healthier, more sustainable local food systems. Merging with Sustain's Food Access Network in 2008, Food Links UK has now become part of the network for Local Action on Food.
Members of Food Links UK shared the following vision: “Systems of producing, processing and trading, foods from sustainable production systems including organic where the physical and economic activity is controlled within the locality or region where it was produced, which delivers health, economic, environmental and social benefits to the people in those areas.”
The aims of Food Links UK were to:
- Act as lead advocate and influencer for the local food sector and its members at a national and European level;
- Develop innovative policy linked to locally delivered action to enable the growth of the local food sector and its capacity to deliver effective change in local food systems;
- Be an effective, practical and active link between members through information exchange;
- Develop co-ordinated projects at national and regional levels;
- Act as a focal point for fundraising for local food projects.
This archive page contains links to several publications and activities undertaken by Food Links UK that remain relevant to the Local Action on Food network. Download a summary of Food Links UK here. [12kb pdf]
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.