Good food training
This project designed and piloted bespoke and accredited healthy and sustainable food training for caterers and buyers working in public sector institutions in London.
During the phase of the project with which Sustain was involved, we offered practical and innovative training tailored specifically to each organisation’s needs in preparing and delivering healthy, sustainable food. The training programme is now being run by the Greenwich Cooperative Development Agency. The training includes the following:
- How to buy and serve healthy, sustainable food
- 'Healthy eating' guidance
- Community Café training
- Financial Planning
- Food presentation
- Knife and Cooking Skills – practical food training
- Food Procurement
- Customer service
- Menu planning
- Food waste, water and energy management in a kitchen
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Healthier Foods and Special Diets
- Food Growing
- Lunchtime Supervisor Training
- OCN accredited course in healthy eating and running a cookery club
Good Food Training Evaluation Report
The successes and challenges from the last two years, with recommendations for catering qualifications and food skills training in the future.
What we have learned: Good Food Training’s Interim Report
Practical advice and common-sense recommendations for schools, hospitals and care settings interested in skills training for healthy, sustainable food and an economically viable catering service.
For more information about current Good Food Training opportunities, please contact Mel Taylor, our Training Development Manager at GCDA: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 269 4880.