Purpose of the NE Food Access Forum
NE Food Access Forum vision
The stated aims of the North East Food Access Forum are to:
- promote access to fresh, affordable, sustainable and culturally appropriate food, in the North East region, e.g. by establishing food co-ops or growing schemes.
- be a forum to exchange information and promote good practice between existing and new projects and networks in the region.
- be respected for its expertise in addressing the issues of ‘good food’ access for all in the North East.
- develop a co-ordinated approach to work around food and to have an influential regional ‘voice’ with the capacity to lobby for change where appropriate.
- seek new members and promote the network throughout the North East region.
Achieving the vision
The participants in the forum agreed to undertake the following activities to achieve the shared vision, as follows:
- hold meetings at regular intervals for members and associates of the North East Food Access Forum and their partners.
- vary the locations of meetings and visits to different parts of the North East region.
- arrange visits, speakers and presentations on a variety of themes and topics at quarterly meetings, in collaboration with network members.
- support the development of individual and collective capacity, for example, by supporting and training of volunteers, where resources do not exist elsewhere.
- identify opportunities for partnerships between members to help co-ordinate activities and reduce duplication.
- support community food projects to carry out effective project evaluations and to develop sustainability plans.
- support the development of links between urban and rural sectors.
- keep up-to-date with and respond to national, regional and local strategies and policy developments when appropriate.
- promote learning through the organisation of project visits and away-days.
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.