Better for you, better for everyone - fair trade events!
As of September 2007 all food and drinks sold in schools, for consumption by pupils, will have to meet a set of nutrition standards. The new standards have been developed to increase the intake of healthier foods and to restrict junk foods high in fat, sugar and salt.
This means that tuck shops, after-school clubs, breakfast provision, vending machines, mid-morning break services any other food and drink provision throughout the school day will have to comply.
The links below provide you with ideas for promotional events and ways to make sure you maintain healthy sales from healthy products!
- Run a fair trade breakfast club
- Set up a fair trade smoothie or fruit cocktail bar
- Get Cooking with fair trade!
- Fair trade fruit tasting and culinary demonstration
- Fair trade Pick 'n' mix stall
- Fair trade box scheme
- Fair trade vending