*** UPDATE: This event is now SOLD OUT! ***
We are delighted to announce the Children's Food Campaign's first ever summit on 16 May 2023 in Leeds. This in-person event brings together leading voices from the world of children’s food and the opportunity to shape future plans with other change-makers.
Our programme includes the following highlights:
- A special performance from Food Foundation youth ambassadors across Yorkshire, shedding light on their firsthand experiences of healthy food access.
- Hear from Henry Dimbleby, Thomasina Miers and Christina Adane who will be discussing how we can land our ideas with policy makers in the build up to the General Election.
- Hear more about the Children’s Food Campaigns latest work, including our ‘Say Yes’ to school food for all campaign and our local food advertising toolkit.
- Be part of our very first ‘yummy/yucky’ awards ceremony where we will be recognizing innovative local initiatives, the unshakeable political campaigners, and business baddies in our movement.
- Explore subjects in more detail through our workshops on school food, early years, fiscal measures, healthy food advertising and diversity and inclusion.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.
11:15-11:25 Youth ambassador opening performance
11:25-11:30 Joint welcome speech
11:30-12:00 20 years of the Children’s Food Campaign
12:00-12:45 Keynote panel: Engaging with Parliament- Where next for children’s food policy?
12:45-14:00 Lunch and networking
14:00-15:00 Workshops / breakout rooms
15:00-16:00 Awards ceremony with guest presenters
16:00-16:05 Closing remarks
Published 16 May 2023
Children's Food Campaign: Better food and food teaching for children in schools, and protection of children from junk food marketing are the aims of Sustain's high-profile Children's Food Campaign. We also want clear food labelling that can be understood by everyone, including children.