Growing Food for London conference: Agenda & presentations
Chair - Kath Dalmeny, Sustain
9.30 9.40 Chair's introduction
9.40 11.10 Session 1 Setting the scene
- Edible Cities: A report on visit to US Urban Agriculture projects Colin Buttery, Royal Parks & Tony Leach, London Parks and Green Spaces Forum.
Download presentation as 291kb PDF
- Overview on urban agriculture - Dr Joe Nasr and Dr June Komisar, Ryerson University.
Download presentation as 1106kb PDF
- Overview of urban agriculture issues in London's urban fringe - Mark Holmes, ADAS.
Download presentation as 879kb PDF
- Training talk - Jonathan Pettit, LANTRA.
Download presentation as 62kb PDF
- Panel with: Ben Reynolds, London Food Link
11.10 11.30 Tea break
11.30 13.00 Session 2 Making growing economically viable
- Overview on issues for farms in the green belt; recommendations to support fringe farmers - Terry Jones, NFU.
Download presentation as 151kb PDF
- Experiences of a fringe farmer - Peter Clarke, Kingcup Farm
- Social enterprise as a way forward - Julie Brown, Growing Communities.
Download presentation as 361kb PDF
- Panel with: Tully Wakeman, EAFL, Cheryl Cohen, LFM and Marielle Dubelling, RUAF
13.00 14.00 Lunch
14.00 15.30 Session 3 Expanding growing to new spaces
- Growing food in parks - Ian Collingwood, Councils Regeneration Consultant on the Urban Farming project.
Download presentation as a 158kb PDF
- Growing food in cities and food security - Tim Lang, City University
- Edible Estates, focus on Brookwood Edible Triangle - Fritz Haeg & Carole Wright, BOST
Download Carole Wright's presentation as 126kb PDF
Download Fritz Haeg's presentations as 1001kb PDF
- Panel with: Christine Haigh, WEN (also launching joint LFL WEN briefing on food growing and social housing (downloadable from www.sustainweb.org/pdf/food_growing_&_social_housing.pdf)
15.30 15.50 Tea break
15.50 17.20 Session 4 - The future of community gardens, city farms & roof tops
- Funding for the future Mark Wheddon, Local Food fund.
Download presentation as 300kb PDF
- Roof gardens Dave Richards, RISC.
Download presentation as 1575kb PDF
- City farms as productive land Bryan Lowman, Hackney City Farm
- Training talk Stephen Dowbiggen, Capel Manor College.
Download presentation as 43kb PDF
- Panel with: Richard Wiltshire, Kings College London and Catherine Miller, FCFCG
17.20 17.30 Chair's close
Move to nearby pub for follow-up drinks and talking
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.