Community Food Networks
Projects include cookery clubs, food co-ops, growing in community spaces, box schemes, retail projects and composting.
London Food Link brought together people who work and volunteer for community food groups in order to promote their projects, support initiatives and share information.
As part of this project London Food Link produced a quarterly newsletter “The Gherkin” and you can download back issues below.
- Download the fifth issue of The Gherkin as a 678kb PDF
- Download the forth issue of The Gherkin as a 373kb PDF
- Download the third issue of The Gherkin as a 534kb PDF
- Download the second issue of The Gherkin as a 597kb PDF
- Download the first issue of The Gherkin as a 250kb PDF
Policies affecting local action on food
There are many policies that can help support sustainable food systems and Sustain has worked with local authorities, primary care trusts (PCTs), and community food groups to share good practice and new ideas. Click here for more information on local food strategies, food and planning.