This short report presents six case studies of meals on wheels services from around the UK. The case studies include information on services’ reach, how they provide meals, the range of support they provide beyond the meals themselves and their hopes for the future.
This document will help:
- Councillors, council officers and commissioners to learn more about successful services, including those providing ‘more than meals’
- Providers, social enterprises, community organisations and advocates to learn more about different service models to develop and champion
- Foreword by Baroness Boycott, Sustain patron
- Introduction by Neel Radia, National Chair, National Association of Care Catering
- Catered, Plymouth
- Hertfordshire Independent Living Service
- London Independent Living Service
- Stars Kitchen, West Midlands
- Tayside Contacts, Dundee
- West Sussex County Council
Meals on wheels: good practice case studies
12pp - 2018 | 1764Kb
Published 9 Nov 2018
Food Poverty: Over 8 million people in the UK struggle to get enough to eat. Sustain is working with communities, third-sector organisations, local authorities and government, aiming to make sure everyone can eat well.