Grants of up to £5,000 are available to any UK local food partnership, local authority or community group.
New grants have been launched today by Sustain as part of the Food for the Planet project. The grants aim to support communities to campaign and advocate to make food in their area better for people and the planet. Applicants are encouraged to propose their own ideas for great local action, but should focus on areas that have a big impact locally, for example:
- Improving your council's score in the Every Mouthful Counts report and/or developing a food strategy
- Supporting groups and communities that are marginalised to campaign for food climate justice and tackling racial injustice in the food system
- Encouraging climate-friendly food in public institutions and council settings
- Supporting sustainable farming systems through planning policy
- Tackling unfair and unhelpful pricing and advertising of the most climate-damaging foods
Interested in applying? You can learn more about the grants, discuss ideas and get feedback from Sustain at an online introductory workshop: 2pm, 18 January 2023 - register here.
More ideas and information can be found in the Grant Guidance Notes.
To apply: Complete the Grant Application Form
The deadline for applications is 5pm 10th February 2023
Published Wednesday 21 December 2022
Food for the Planet: Food for the Planet is helping local authorities, businesses and organisations take simple actions to tackle the climate and nature emergency through food.
Latest related news
US town is aiming to ban factory farms, with UK places urged to follow suit
Wednesday 31 January 2024
Government analysis shows stifled progress on emissions due to farmer uncertainty
Friday 26 January 2024
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.